As can be seen in the "Coat of Arms" adorning its walls, the house was inaugurated in 1771 by its proprietors, Messrs. Cavero and Vasquez de Acuña, who were relatives of the Counts de la Vega del Ren, according to information also provided by Jose de la Riva Aguero y Osma.
Banco de Credito del Peru acquired it in 1971.
To carry out restoration of the house the indications related to its original construction, which are to be found in the existing deeds, were closely followed and the materials then available on the market were utilized. All the rooms have been beautifully decorated as reception environments and have been appropriately jewelled with furnishings and other valuable objects which are the true interpretations of craftmanship of the epoch.
Location: Jirón Ucayali 358 Central Lima, Lima, Peru
"Inca Trail" is the name of the extensive trail system built by the Incan Empire. At that time all trails led to Cusco, the capital of the empire.
The most important trail was the Capac Nan (royal trail), with a length of 5,200 kilometers, which began in Quito (Ecuador), passed through Cusco and ended in what is today Tucumán, Argentina, crossing mountains and hills, with altitudes above 5,000 meters.
New Year in Miraflores.
Miraflores district is full of hotels, cafés, pubs, restaurants and shops, which is a draw for a large part of the Lima population on Sundays. Parque Kennedy, Miraflores' central plaza, regularly has flea markets and art exhibitions. Larcomar, a shopping mall overlooking the Pacific coast, is located in Miraflores, and is very popular among tourists, young people, and the middle and upper classes.